Please note that I may earn a small commission from purchases made through product links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last updated: March 8, 2023
Using one of the many great plastic free deodorants for women is an easy way to help reduce your waste, without sacrificing convenience or effectiveness.
You don’t need to switch to a bar that’s awkward to carry around, or a product that just covers up odors with a herbal smell.
Below we take you through the reasons why you should add one to your self-care routine.
We have also picked out some of the best plastic free deodorants for women for you to choose from.
Our list is pretty extensive, so there is an option there for everyone, even if you are fussy about your scents or have sensitive skin.
Why Should you Use a Plastic Free Deodorant?
Protect the Environment:
By using a plastic free deodorant, you are reducing your environmental impact.
Most plastic deodorant containers are not recyclable, which means they end up in landfills or the ocean, contributing to pollution and plastic waste.
Many plastic free deodorants are also made by companies that prioritize sustainability and ethical practices.
By choosing these products, you can support these values and help create a more sustainable future.
You can check this by researching the company or brand.
You should look for details like where and how the product is made, and whether a portion of the company’s sales go towards environmental charities or initiatives.
Avoid Harmful Chemicals:
Many plastic deodorants contain potentially harmful ingredients such as aluminum and parabens, which have been linked to health problems such as breast cancer and hormonal imbalances.
Therefore by using natural, plastic-free deodorant you can help reduce your exposure to these chemicals.
Many people have sensitive skin in their underarms, which can make them prone to rashes and discomfort if they are using the wrong deodorant.
In addition to avoiding potentially harmful chemicals, many natural deodorants are made with nourishing ingredients that can benefit your skin and overall health.
Plastic free deodorants generally use more natural ingredients, which can be more gentle on your skin.
For example, some deodorants contain essential oils that have anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Save Money with a Plastic Free Deodorant:
While plastic-free deodorants may be more expensive upfront, they tend to last longer because they don’t contain harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin and cause you to use more products.
Also, many plastic-free deodorants are sold in a solid or bar form, which makes it easier to use only a little at a time.
In the long run, switching to a plastic-free deodorant may save you money on replacements and skincare products.
Best Plastic Free Deodorants for Women
- Native Plastic Free Deodorant
- Each and Every Plastic Free Deodorant
- MAGSOL Plastic Free Natural Deodorant
- Lafes Natural Deodorant
- Pack & Leaf Natural Deodorant
- Freedom Natural Deodorant
- Peach Not Plastic Deodorant Starter Kit
- Stick Up Natural Deodorant for Women and Men
1. Native Plastic Free Deodorant
This minimal deodorant from Native is not only plastic free. It’s also made without other nasties like aluminum, parabens, phthalates, and talc.
Designed for both women and men, it’s packed with natural ingredients to soothe your skin, including coconut oil and shea butter.
The fragrances are all natural as well, and there are a variety of scents to choose from.
As well as being plastic free, it is a cruelty free product and the paper packaging is sourced from responsibly managed forest.
- Lavender & Rose - Send your body flowers "just because" with this bouquet of...
- Effective Protection - We tested thousands of ingredients before finding a...
- Goes on Easy - Native Deodorant is a solid deodorant that you can apply easily....
2. Each and Every Plastic Free Deodorant
The Each and Every Deodorant range has become very popular recently, and it’s easy to see why.
There are 8 versions to choose from, each with it’s own delicious scent created from natural, non-toxic essential oils. There is even a fragrance free version for very sensitive skin. Our favorite is the Rose & Vanilla.
The paper packaging is actually made from sugarcane, which is a 100% renewable and sustainable plant.
This plastic free deodorant for women is also free from aluminum, synthetic fragrances, alcohol, parabens, baking soda, and phthalates.
It is EWG verified, which is an independent organisation that reviews the safety of chemicals in health and care products.
In addition to this, their range is both cruelty free and vegan.
- Sensitive Skin Friendly: Made with 6 clean ingredients and essential oils, this...
- Sustainable, Plant-Based Packaging: We use recyclable plant-based packaging made...
- Non-Toxic: We use no harmful chemicals or ingredients. Each & Every deodorant is...
3. MAGSOL Plastic Free Natural Deodorant
MAGSOL’s plastic free deodorant for women is a great option if you are sensitive to baking soda, which is a common ingredient in many natural deodorants.
Instead MAGSOL’s deodorant uses food-Grade Magnesium Oxide to limit moisture and hide odors, keeping you dry and fresh.
This deodorant is made with only 4 natural ingredients – sweet almond oil, beeswax, magnesium oxide, and natural oils. It’s also free from aluminium.
The packaging is made from fully recyclable paper, free from plastic.
- Plastic Free packaging - now enjoy MAGSOL Natural Deodorant in fully recyclable...
- Baking Soda Free - most natural deodorants contain baking soda which is a...
- What Makes MAGSOL Different? Food-Grade Magnesium Oxide – this key ingredient...
4. Lafes Natural Deodorant
The block deodorant from Lafe’s has the most minimal packaging of all the deodorants on this list.
It works like a soap bar, and comes in a recyclable paper box with little waste.
Because you can fully unpack it from the box, there almost no wastage, you will get to use the entire deodorant bar. You can even keep it in yor own box or tin to make it more convenient to carry to the gym.
Instead of baking soda or aluminium, this mineral salt deodorant uses potassium alum as it’s active natural ingredient.
It has no synthetic ingredients like parabens or propylene glycol, and claims to offer 24 hour protection. Also it’s unscented, which is great if you are sensitive to fragrances.
- NATURAL WITH NO TOXINS OR BAKING SODA – Lafe’s deodorant contains no Baking...
5. Pack & Leaf Natural Deodorant
Pack & Leaf’s Natural Deodorant comes in a two pack. This is very handy to keep one at home and the use the smaller one for travel, or to carry when you are out and about.
Not only is it plastic free, it also contains no parabens, phthalates, triclosan, synthetic fragrance, alcohol, soy or talc.
Its gentle formula is based on a combination of magnesium and baking soda, to help neutralise odors.
It is cruelty free and vegan, and the paper packaging is not only plastic free, it is 100% compostable. 10% of their profits are also donated to marine conservation programs.
- 4+ MONTHS SUPPLY LASTS MUCH LONGER THAN OTHER BRANDS of natural deodorant; this...
- MINI DEODORANT IS PERFECT FOR TRAVEL and fits in your handbag, gym bag or...
- PLASTIC FREE VEGAN DEODORANT WITH 100% COMPOSTABLE PACKAGING in eco-friendly,...
6.Freedom Natural Deodorant
The Freedom range of natural plastic free deodorants is another product with EWG verified ingredients.
This deodorant is Aluminum, Paraben, and Phthalate Free and uses natural ingredients in a wide variety of scents and options for women and men.
It is vegan and certified as cruelty-free by the Leaping Bunny organization.
The founder of Freedom deodorants is also very passionate about finding a cure for breast cancer, and the company works with a variety of cancer charities.
- 100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS: You can rest easy knowing that you're using a product...
- EWG-VERIFIED DEODORANT: Our commitment to quality and health is evident in our...
- NATURAL DEODORANT THAT WORKS: Don't let the gentle ingredients fool you - our...
7. Peach Not Plastic Deodorant Starter Kit
The refillable deodorant case made from aluminium is really the highlight of this product.
It is the one plastic free deodorant on this list with reusable packaging, which also looks cute and is super handy to carry around. Also it’s 100% recyclable at end of life.
Peach Not Plastic is a certified B corporation. This means that their organisation has made a serious commitment in all areas to sustainable and ethical business practices.
They back up these claims in their products, which are vegan, cruelty free and use EWG verified ingredients.
This plastic free deodorant offers 48 hour protection from odors, and uses coconut oil, arrowroot powder and magnesium to absorb dampness and nourish your skin.
- LONG LASTING NATURAL DEODORANT: Our deodorant stick provides odor protection for...
- FOREVER DEODORANT CASE: The other essential in our 100% plastic-free kit is our...
- VEGAN, CLEAN & CRUELTY FREE DEODORANT. Every Peach Refillable Deodorant Stick is...
8. Stick Up Natural Deodorant for Women and Men
Our last plastic free deodorant on the list from Stick Up has the most earthy look and feel.
The stand behind their unique formula to help balance your skin’s pH levels, whilst keeping you dry and fresh.
Their products use magnesium, zinc oxide, bentonite clay and arrowroot powder instead of baking soda, as they believe it is much more gentle on the skin.
They believe magnesium on your skin is more efficient as a deodorant, and zinc oxide reacts with the short fatty acids that create odor and turns them into harmless, odorless salts.
This deodorant is aluminum and fragrance-free, instead includes activated charcoal and hemp seed oil to feed and nourish your skin.
The packaging is paper based and designed to be light and compact. This makes for less wastage when you use the product, and it is cheaper and more environmentally friendly to ship to you.
- Made with Hemp Seed Oil and "Best deodorant ever" is the feedback for our NEW...
- Baking soda can change the pH of your pits and cause painful rashs- we omitted...
- Magnesium topically can help deodorize the body more efficiently, Zinc oxide...
By now hopefully you understand the benefits of switching to a plastic free deodorant.
They are very beneficial to your skin and body, as well as reducing our plastic waste on our landfills and oceans.
From our list there are many options you can try out at home, and most of them are very inexpensive and good for sensitive skin.
If you are looking for other great swaps for your skincare routine here are a couple of other great reads for you.
for those with sensitive skin and shave regularly, try our article here on shaving creams for sensitive skin.
And if you are looking for ways to protect your skin from the sun, we have some interesting ideas on why you should use a natural sunscreen.